Torben Tietz joined MSR in 2002 and is Partner for MSR Insights.
He mainly supports financial service providers and industrial enterprises and is an expert for B2C and B2B customer relations. His topical focus is on customer experience management and customer oriented product design, service development and pricing.
He represents the customer’s perspective, deeply convinced that a consistent customer orientation is the critical success factor. It is of major importance to him to understand customer psychology and the resulting customer behavior in order to be able to deduct successful market cultivation strategies.
Last but not least, market research for him must be action oriented before anything else and against the background of limited resources capable of providing a sound basis for management decisions.
The focus of his projects is on the following topics:
- market analyses, target group studies and segmentations
- customer expectations and customer behavior in B2C and B2B customer relations
- development of controlling tools to ensure a seamless customer experience at all customer touch points
- implementation of the brand positioning in customer contact
- customer journey analyses
- internal and external benchmarking, e.g. KUBUS
- product design, service development and pricing
- analyses of survey data in combination with internal data
Torben Tietz supports his clients over long periods in the customer oriented development of their organization. It is important for him to use his results to create movement and change within a company. This requires turning the parties “affected” into parties “involved”. Because in the end, he is sure of that, every employee wants to please his customers.
Before joining MSR he studied Business Administration in Germany, England and Japan and worked for various market research companies in Germany and England.